Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Can I use Adderal if I have an 2 mm unruptured aneurysm

behind my eye that a...
Can I use Adderal if I have an 2 mm unruptured aneurysm behind my eye that a neuro-interventionist said only needs monitoring?
9/1/2012
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes, you should be OK to use Adderall.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks Dr. Rick. I failed to add that I use the nicotine patch (a stimulant) and felt the Adderal (20 mg) and the patch might compromise the 2mm unruptured aneurysm. And your suggesting it would be OK/safe to use the Adderal? Just giving you a more complete picture. thanks. George

Thanks for that extra information. I am a retina specialist and deal with type of retina problem all the time...
You will be OK to use the nicotine patch (congrats on working to give up smoking :), as well as the adderall. This really shouldn't impact your retinal macroaneurysm.
Have a great Labor Day weekend :-)
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
This also hold true if your aneurysm is in your orbit, behind your eyeball, and not in your retina.....just to make sure you are clear on what I am saying

It is a precisely a saccular aneurysm arising from the clinoid segment of the right INTERNAL carotid artery. I should have given this specific information earlier. This this change the answer? I believe this maybe outside the orbit. Perhaps a neurologist can supplement your answer. Thank you so much--George Z

George,
I still think you will be OK as we discussed...although that is a long way away from the eye ;-)
You might see if you can re-post your question, giving all of the above information, to the neurology section if you want another opinion.
Have a great three day weekend :)
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD