How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11303
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Doctor X, My face began twitching at the eye, cheek and

This answer was rated:

Dear Doctor X, My face began twitching at the eye, cheek and mouth, gradually increasing. It began about a year ago. It can be prompted by merely turning my face to the left, when I speak, and even occurs at night when I am sleeping. I am then awakened and then it is some time before it subsides so I can go back to sleep. It can increase and decrease in intensity. I have a sore eye and ear aches on that side of my face (left). My eye  twitches, my cheek twitches, and mouth twitches. I have had a neurologist, accupuncturist, chairopractor, and my regular regular family doctor. It has been diagnosed as both blephrospasm and hemispacial spasm. I have had two MRI'S and a CSCAN. All to no avail...except they found I had a broken Could you be my savior? Hopefully and thankfully. Shirley

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief. It seems obvious to me that your current doctors have reached the bottom of their bag of tricks and, yet, you are still having these problems.

Dr. Rick :

Would you say this is a correct statement?

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing you can do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you