Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I think I have a eye virus. My eye muscles or very sore to

Hello I think I have...
Hello I think I have a eye virus. My eye muscles or very sore to the side and back
9/1/2012
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. So you have a soreness or achy pain to the side and behind your eyes? Is this associated with any certain activity or time of day?
Customer: When I get moving or exercise my eye muscles seem to get sore if I keep from moving my eyes it hurts less by the way I am having a bout of vertigo in the last two weeks it has settled down now leaving me with the sore eye muscles
Doctor DanB : How long has this been going on? Have you had a cold or upper respiratory/sinus infection recently?
Customer: Are you still there. Clint
Doctor DanB : Yes, Clint, did you see my last questions? Doctor DanB says: How long has this been going on? Have you had a cold or upper respiratory/sinus infection recently?
Doctor DanB : Clint, I'm not sure you're seeing my questions so I'm going to switch over to a Q&A format instead of the chat format.
Dr. Dan B.
Doctor DanB says:
6:47 PM
How long has this been going on? Have you had a cold or upper respiratory/sinus infection recently?
This is Clint dr b has not answers my question
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I'm sorry. But I need some more information before I can answer your question. Did you see my question? Doctor DanB says:
6:47 PM
No I have just had my dizziness that started two weeks ago
Do you have eye redness, itching, burning, tearing, discharge, light sensitivity, or crusting of your lashes in the morning?
No I only have sore eye muscles. Behind my eye when I turn my eyes I sometimes get dizzy, , No I have just had my dizziness that started two weeks ago
Aim taking 750 mg of seroquel xr for the last 3years I am hoping that the sore eyes are not from that
Do you spend long hours reading or on the computer? Do you wear glasses or contacts? If so are they prescription glasses or just OTC readers?
i do not use a computer much or read for long hours I have glasses but just use them to read small print
Are they prescription? If so, how old is the prescription? If they are OTC readers, what is the strength?
The glasses are presciption and were just checked by the optometrist I don't use them much
I think there are a few things that can cause this. It's possible that this is, as you said, a viral infection that has affected both the eyes and ears. If that's the case, then it will likely run it's course over 2-4 weeks. It's also possible that this is an inner ear inflammation or infection and the resultant dizziness has your eyes working overtime to compensate for your lack of balance, thus causing your eye symptoms. However, it's also possible that you could have an eye/orbital inflammation causing some dysfunction of the muscles that move the eye. Because only an exam by an ophthalmilogist is going to be able to sort this out, I would recommend seeing an ophthalmologist to have a complete examination. Does that make sense?
Thank you your assessment sounds good
If it helps I had a inner ear virus about a year ago my ears have been ringing and I have been dizzy for the last two weeks
I see. Yes, that does tend to reinforce what I was thinking. Good luck to you. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.
This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.