Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Yesterday i slept with my contact in...my eye was red the

Customer Question
whole day and it was...
yesterday i slept with my contact in...my eye was red the whole day and it was sensitive to light and it was hard to open the whole day. today, when i woke up, it didnt hurt as much and i was able to keep it open and light didnt seem to bother it much. i got some eye drops (wash) that seem to be helping, however, ive noticed that even while wearing my glasses, my left eye is blurry. is there serious concern for this?? also, after using these drops for the day, my mouth seems to be numb at times, can this be the solution dripping from my eye to my nose and then into my mouth?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
8/6/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have a corneal ulcer from sleeping with your contact lenses in.

JACUSTOMER-l6tif2ml- :

and what is this

JACUSTOMER-l6tif2ml- :

oh and it is always a reddish color

Dr. Rick :

One thing I have to mention, however, before we go any farther......You have asked over 120 questions but the majority of them have been closed by the moderator or not accepted. This is not a free service. What is you intention if I spend my time and expertise helping you?

JACUSTOMER-l6tif2ml- :

i have in fact paid for them, i contacted the justanswer.com website helpline and they mistakenly closed them, i have rated and accepted all answers. there was a problem with the credit card company that it wasnt sending through.

JACUSTOMER-l6tif2ml- :

but if you dont want to work with me that is fine and just open the question to another expert

Dr. Rick :

That does not seem to be the case as I review your prior posts....however, you have a condition that needs treatment and can cause significant loss of vision, so I will be happy to help you.

JACUSTOMER-l6tif2ml- :

okay, so there is no way that this could simply just be pink eye?

JACUSTOMER-l6tif2ml- :

because i have looked up corneal ulcer and it says that there is severe pain in the eye, i have not had such pain

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have a bacterial infection of the "meat" of the front of your eye (cornea). Since it is a bit better today it most likely is a bacteria that is not very aggressive, such as a gram positive beast.

Dr. Rick :

You need antibiotic eye drops. The only way to get them is to go to the ER tonight (my first choice) or see an ophthalmologist in the morning.

Dr. Rick :

No. With your history this is not pink eye.

Dr. Rick :

You had photophobia and very red eye....it doesn't always hurt that much.

Dr. Rick :

Like I said, you most likely got lucky and are infected with a notsonasty bug

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick :

Let's see if your positive feedback goes through this time. Good night.

not sure why you exited the chat, but can this cause blindness and what is photophobia? afraid of pictures?
someone please respomd
Relist: Answer came too late.
Eye Doctor: pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist replied 5 years ago
pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
I agree with Dr. Rick. The condition is something that you need to be seen by an ophthalmologist or optometrist for. Photophobia is light sensitivity and is often associated with corneal problems such as you likely have. Not sure why the question was relisted. Dr. Ricks answer should be given a positive rating.
now that is been a couple days, my eye is no longer sensitive to the light, and dr rick stepped out of our chat while i still had questions about the matter, i have no insurance, and cant afford to go unless i really feel that its serious
I understand completely. That is good that your eye is feeling better. Often the eye will still require treatment and/or refitting of contact lenses. I recommend staying out of contact lenses until you can be seen by a doctor. Reason: even if the eye is feeling better the contact lens was likely the source of the problem. If the lens is worn again it may make the problem return. If the ulcer or infiltrate happens to affect the central part of the vision it could be quite serious and even lead to permanent vision loss. I never want to scare patients, but I always want to say it how it is. Again, Dr. Ricks advice was good and I second his opinion on the need to be seen in person even if the eye is feeling better today.
pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist