Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

How to remove an ear plaque?

How to remove an ear plaque?
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If it is way down in your ear canal I afraid that the only way to get it out at this point is with the help of a doctor and a special instrument for reaching safely down in your ear canal.

Dr. Rick :

If you continue to get more aggressive in your attempts to remove it you risk damaging your eardrum and, if you push hard enough, the very delicate bones in your inner ear -- which could possibly lead to permanent hearing loss.

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Best of luck to you.
I see that you have given me a poor rating for the information I provided you.

If you would be so kind as to let me know what other information you require I will be happy to discuss your question in more depth until you are satisfied.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Oops! Look like our comments crossed inside the computer....thanks for upgrading your feedback :-)
Hi.
I was just thinking about you and your ear and wondering if you managed to get that thing out safely. I hope you are doing well.