How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11414
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A very close friend of mine has now been hospitalized

This answer was rated:

A very close friend of mine has now been hospitalized multiple times for what appears to be diverticulitis. He has almost died 2 of those times. He ends up being placed in sedation, most recently for 4 weeks. I was at Westchester Medical today to see him and he feels like his doctors have given up on him and he's trying to keep his spirits up. He of course has had multiple surgeries and last time was bleeding out very badly. His eyes look jaundiced and his vision is blurred enough that he almost didn't know who I was when I was at his door. He's crying out to me to help him find a specialist because he fears if this keeps happening, he won't be alive for much longer. He has several tubes flushing out his body all of the time. He is a NY State Trooper and a husband/father of 2. I desperately would love to help him in any way I can. I have resources through work(we are co-workers) that allow me to help raise money if what he needs, costs an enormous amount of money. I'll do whatever it takes to help him. Please help me in finding him someone who can help take a step in the right direction, as he feels like he's in the dark and only laying there in a maintenance phase while those around him give up hope. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Westchester County Medical Center is one of the teaching hospitals for New York Medical College, one of the top Medical Schools in the country. I am sure that he is getting sub specialty there.

Dr. Rick :

This being said, if it is possible for him to travel out of State, I can give you information on the top GI/Liver doctor in the Country. He is located in Houston, Texas.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if you are interested in more information or if you have any other questions or comments. I await your reply :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I apparently was unaware of how this worked. Anyway, he has been at the trauma center there for a while and he's literally at his wits end. He feels as though they have given up on his situation. I would definitely like the information for the doctor in Texas if you feel he is the top GI person(the one you'd use for your own family if the situation was your own). I appreciate your speedy feedback.
There is no doubt in my mind that I would personally go to Howard Monsour if I had a liver or GI problem or if any member of my family did. Here is his contact information:

When you talk to him tell him that his buddy Rick from Wisconsin referred you

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
I just realized that the contact information I gave you above is for Dr. Monsour's office in North Central Texas. He is currently spending the majority of his time at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. Here is his contact information in Houston:
Hi Karen,
I was just thinking about your friend and wondering if you have had a chance to contact Dr. Monsour. If you have any problems getting through to him let me know and I'll call him for you personally.