How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2437
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The past several days, I have been experiencing a slight

This answer was rated:

The past several days, I have been experiencing a slight headache and naseua mainly after reading/working (computer, iPhone, and even driving). I don't notice this when watching TV. Could this be from me trying to hard to focus? I don't currently wear glasses. Words do not appear blurry; but I do notice the side effects get better when I'm further away from my phone or computer. It almost feels like motion sickness.

You experiencing symptoms of a natural process in the eye called as presbyopia which is noticed usually around the age of 40 years ( it could be early or later too by a year or so). In this condition the near point recedes and the comfortable distance at which the near work is done begins to be much farther away. The distance vision remains unaffected in this condition.Though the words do not appear blurry as of now but would evetually appears so in a matter of months to a years time.The headache is due to the eye strain from trying to focus the words clearly. I think it is alright to get your vision tested ( both distance and near) and start wearing a reading glass ( +1.0 D) and see if you notice any improvement and whether the headache and nausea disappear. If they do, then go ahead with the reading glasses and if there is absolutely no improvement then it is better to get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Dr. A.S. Desai and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you