Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Im on levaquin today is my 3rd day. I have been to my Dr. He

Im on levaquin today is my 3rd day. I have been to my Dr. He did urine test and gave me the antibodies. If I have clamydia and touched my gential area with maybe contact to discharge then adjust my right eye contact coul I have transferred it to my eye? Now my eye is red and sort of hurts. This has occurred within 24 hrs. Advise
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer: Yes Dr.
Doctor DanB : While this is not very likely, it is technically possible to transfer Chlamydia to your eye in this manner.
Customer: Ok, i
Customer: I thought it was wierd
Customer: But I saw it on the net. If I did have discharge on my finger it was not wet
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer: I have a swollen penis head and forskin with some blood in urine
Customer: It hurts bad when I urinate. Really bad. I went to the er and they said uti?
Doctor DanB : Unfortunately I'm not the specialist to have an informed opinion about whether you have a genital Chlamydia infection though.
Customer: Then whent to my pop and he did urine sample and gave me Levaquin. 3days in as of today with little relief?
Customer: Pcp
Doctor DanB : Yes, I think you should be seen by both your PCP and eye doctor if the eye worsens.
Customer: So what should I do with my eye go to my p c p or eye dr
Customer: ok would it react that quick if it was clyamdia
Doctor DanB : I would see the eye doctor for your eye and your PCP for the urinary infection.
Doctor DanB : Usually not, but stranger things can happen.
Customer: It burned when I touched my eye would that happen?
Customer: Well caused a discomfort
Doctor DanB : It certainly could, yes.
Customer: Last ? Well levaquin cue me if I do have a uti or clymi
Customer: Cure
Customer: Clymidia
Doctor DanB : It likely would, yes, but not always.
Customer: K
Doctor DanB : Good luck to you. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.     My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will the Levaquin cure my eye if that is what it is?
It's possible, but it may require topical antibiotics