How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have "floaters" in my right eye. Since that happened about

Resolved Question:

I have "floaters" in my right eye. Since that happened about four months ago, I have had
flashes of bright light in that eye in the night time occasionally. There is no pain but I'm concerned about what I have read online about retnal detachment. I have no insurance,
what can I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 5 years ago.
Dr. James :


Dr. James :

New floaters and flashes can be an indication of a retinal problem.

Dr. James :

it is recommend you get a dilated retinal exam.

Dr. James :

I recommend you see your local optometrist who can dilate your eyes.

Dr. James :

They usually have very reasonable cash prices for eye exams.

Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you