Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I was putting tresaderm drops in my cat's ear. When he shook

I was putting tresaderm drops...
I was putting tresaderm drops in my cat's ear. When he shook his ears, some of it got in my eye. I tried to wash it out, but it's still uncomfortable. Will it harm my eye or my vision?  I need to know quickly if I should be seeking treatment
7/1/2012
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Any non-ophthalmic medicine entering the eye can cause some amount of reaction such as irritation /redness . The best way to prevent any of its harmful effects is by giving a thorough eye wash ( which you have already given). This ensures that the chemical ( here ear drops) gets flushed out of the eye . After that lubricating eye drops which are available over the counter can be started . There are many brands such as preservative free Refresh tears/ Systane eye drops which can be used, 1 drop 4-6 times a day for the next 2-3 days.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Unless there is severe redness/ severe pain in the eye along with watering and foggy vision, I guess there is no need to rush to the eye doctor. You can keep an eye for any of the above symptoms ( though very unlikely in your case) and report to an ophthalmologist if any of these symptoms is noticed.

Customer:

Is there a chance my vision could be affected

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If your vision is alright as of now , then there is no way it could affect it later. If at all the vision were to be affected it would have been immediate ( as in case of a chemical injury).

Customer:

Thank you. That makes me feel better.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A bonus and/or positive rating are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer:

I'm sorry. I think I misread the rating information. I thought good service was satisfied. Can I go back?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I guess you can give another rating to your satisfaction.

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist