Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My son has laser surgury and doctors have found a torn retna

Customer Question
.he wont loose his sight...
my son has laser surgury and doctors have found a torn retna .he wont loose his sight, can more laser surgury correct this ,he is also diabetic
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Was he given a laser treatment for the retinal tear?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is he short sighted? Does he wear glasses or contact lenses?

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
I am afraid you have hit the accept even before I could give a proper answer. I was waiting for your reply to the queries asked by me.Nevermind we can still interact till you get a satisfactory response from me.

I am to assume that your son was given laser therapy( not sure for what indication , could be LASIK for short sightedness) and was found to have a retinal tear too. Answer to this is yes, he can undergo laser to seal the retinal tear and thus preventing it from extending into a frank retinal detachment. This can be done even if he is a diabetic.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you in this regard. If this is not the answer you were looking for then please let me know. If you could tell the type of laser surgery done in him then it would help.

Thank you
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist