Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Sudden blurry vision lasted 3-4 min. and was gone. happened

Customer Question
sudden blurry vision lasted 3-4...
sudden blurry vision lasted 3-4 min. and was gone. happened 3 or 4 times over past year or so. No headache or nausea after. Have history or migraine or the eye (tunnel vision) but this is different.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
6/7/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Such transient obscuration of vision can occur due to vascular causes. Sometimes the blood supply to the eye can get reduced for a brief moment thus causing very short episodes of blurred vision. Hence it makes sens to get a CT scan of head and neck so as to look out for possible cause of ischemia( reduced flow of blood).

Customer:

yes

Customer:

ok, I also had annual physical a few days ago and my blood work including sugar came back fine

Dr. A.S. Desai :

That is good.

Customer:

I do have diabetes in family but I don't as of yet.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Was the lipid profile normal too?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Any history of hypertension?

Customer:

yes, it was all fine

Customer:

not that I'm aware of

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. I guess the report of CT scan of the brain is going to be helpful. Usually an MRI scan is considered more superior in detecting these.

Customer:

Ok, so I should make sure my eye Dr. adds that to tests?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes , you can discuss with the doctor regarding this ( instead of both CT and MRI scans it is better to get only MRI done). If need be you might be advised to undergo carotid doppler test also.

Customer:

I actually have very low blood pressure on average could that have effect if gets too low?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

This would help to know if there was any problem in the flow of blood in the carotid arteries which in turn give the ophthalmic artery ( which supplies to the eye).

Customer:

ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Low blood pressure can cause dizziness and sensation of black out too.

Customer:

Ok, experienced during labor and injury in past.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. Anyway getting the investigations done is better.

Customer:

Ok, thank you!

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are welcome. I guess you can worry less now and relax, as stress is not good and can add to your problems. Take care.

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist