Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Putting yard debris twigs and weeds some woody some as i was

Customer Question
putting yard debris twigs and...
putting yard debris twigs and weeds some woody some green as i was bending the twigs in half they whipped back the opposite direction connecting with my eye and this explosion of hurt followed, instantly i developed a bruise on my eye lid and now a couple hours later my eye is still jumpy a little, sensitive to the light and blue sumo n y lid, ive iced it is there more i can do like flush it out?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
6/6/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB :

Yes, certainly flushing the eye out with water can only help.

Customer:

what about the bruise and the blurriness

Doctor DanB :

You can also use artificial tears 3-4x/day in that eye to help it feel better. But if you're pretty sure it just hit your lid and didn't get in your eye, then using cool compresses (ice) and using Tylenol or ibuprofen may be the best thing, for the bruise. The artificial tears are going to help with the blurriness.

Doctor DanB :

Do you have any other questions about this?

Customer:

it felt like i whipped my eyeball as well

Customer:

is there some signs that i should be looking for as to be overly concerned

Doctor DanB :

I would use these measures as I've described just now, but if your eye continues to be light sensitive and painful then I would recommend going to see your ophthalmologist because there can be such an intense inflammatory reaction in the eye that it sometimes needs prescription medicine to calm things down. If your vision is significantly affected now or your pupil is not round in that eye, or if there is a big patch of blood on the white of the eye, then I would be concerned for damage to the eye and I would recommend seeing your ophthalmologist now in that case.

Doctor DanB :

I need to step away from my desk for just 3-5 minutes, but I promise I'll be right back to answer any further questions you may have. If you are satisfied with what we've done so far, then, your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! If this has been helpful in addressing your concerns, please hit the ACCEPT button. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Customer:

thanks

Doctor DanB :

Okay, I'm back. Sorry about that. Did you have any further questions?

Doctor DanB :

Were you satisfied with the information you received?

Customer:

not sure i guess no

Doctor DanB :

What other questions can I answer for you? Can I clarify anything I've said?

Customer:

no ill go try flushng my eye out you ve been fine thanks you

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.