Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

had 3 little piece off aluminum taken out off left eye Sat

Customer Question

had 3 little piece off aluminum taken out off left eye Sat still foogy vision in that eye on antibiotic drops. Went to leading center Dr was not to concenrned should i? Have afollow up this Fri.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 5 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

Looks like you accepted a bit too early. I was still in the middle of typing my response when you accepted. Nevermind we can still continue to interact till you get a satisfactory answer.

The reason for fogginess of vision could be due to a corneal haze at the site where the foreign body was lodged or it could be due to the effect of cyclopentolate eye drops if instilled.
If the corneal haze is very superficial then it is likely to heal in the next 24-48 hours. If the blurring is due to the effect of cyclopentolate eye drops then even that would disappear by 24-48 hours time. Only if the foreign body was lodged very deep into the layers of the cornea, then a faint corneal opacity might just persist thus causing some amount of blurring of vision. However such an opacity can be treated .
I guess your eye doctor is right and has asked for a follow up on friday just to have a re-look and to know if the cornea has healed completely or not.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you in this regard.