How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11420
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Which Doctor performs the surgery to unblock a plugged tear

Resolved Question:

Which Doctor performs the surgery to unblock a plugged tear duct on an adult in Canada,please?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

An optometrist will not be able to help you with this issue. You need to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist (eye MD). She will be able to do any surgery you might need.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK Doctor, but how do I get a referral to an Opthamalogist, when I don't have a family doctor? Would an Optometrist be able to refer me?


Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
An optometrist should be able to refer you.
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you