Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I SUBMITTED THE FOLLOWING QUESTION/RECEIVED RESPONSE BUT NOW

Customer Question

I SUBMITTED THE FOLLOWING QUESTION/RECEIVED RESPONSE BUT NOW HAVE FOLLOW UP ISSUE:
My mother went to put eyedrops and picked up the wrong bottle. She picked up a bottle of "fungus fix" for nails. The ingredients say "ethoxydiglcol, proplene glycol, undecylenoyl glycine, usnic acid. She placed two drops in the corner of her eye.....I have been flushing her eye with eye wash. Should I take her to the ER/urgent care center. She says the stinging is going away and she can still see.
Doctor DanB : I would say that if she is not symptomatic and her vision is not affected, she's probably okay to just wait and watch this. It would be good to use artificial tears (without redness reliever in them) 4-5x/day in that eye and if she starts to develop problems she should see her eye doctor. Does that make sense?
HERE IS MY FOLLOW UP ISSUE: I am doing and it does appear to be working…My question now is….the redness is lessening, she can see, but her eye is sore/tender. When I barely touched it, she said it hurt…..just a worried on my part.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. I would expect the eye to be somewhat sore and tender because of this. The artificial tears will help this but also Tylenol or ibuprofen and cool compresses will also help. However, as before,milf that worsens des
If that worsens then that would be another reason to get her into see her ophthalmologist.