Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What did Dr.Oz mean when he referred to the nose are as" the

Customer Question
What did Dr.Oz mean when...
What did Dr.Oz mean when he referred to the nose are as " the triangle of death"?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
6/1/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB :

The reason he called the nose and the upper lips the "triangle of death" is because when we touch that area, usually with fingers that have been exposed to pathogens such as viruses and bacteria from normal, everyday surfaces and contacts, these pathogens have access to the brain because the veins that drain blood from this part of the face, drain the blood to the brain before it gets back to the heart. That provides the access route for potentially serious infectious pathogens to cause some potentially very serious infections. Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! If this has been helpful in addressing your concerns, please hit the ACCEPT button. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Customer:
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.