How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 46684
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having eye floaters over the past few weeks but

Customer Question

I have been having eye floaters over the past few weeks but they didn't seem bothersome. Over the past few days I have had a killer headache and many many of the black eye floaters. Is this something that I should go to the urgent care for. Is it an emergency?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I would not worry about the eye floaters, but the hiller headache is worrisome. if it doesn't get better, you should definitely go to the ER to be evaluted for your headache. if the headache gets better, then it is less worrisome.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will the eye floaters resolve on their own or are they permenant? Is there a way to minimize them? The headache is in the middle of the back of my head. Could the headache be associated with my vision? My vision has gotten poor over the past few months and I have been straining my eyes a lot.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 years ago.
if the floaters are not bothering you and not bothering your vision, most likely they are not affecting the headaches. you can talk to an eye doctor about if moisturizing eye drops or steroid eye drops might help with the floaters.

changes in your visual accuity causing you to squint can definitely cause headaches. this would be treated with new eye glasses or contact lenses.