Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

IF $100 for eye drops/3mll...how much would a cup of said

iF i AM PAYING $100 for eye drops/3mll...how much would a cup
of said drops cost? Also what is the definition of ointment as
applied to 'putting ointment' in one's eyes? How long does it
usually take for one's eyes to correct after cataract surgery.
Whereas before I never needed glasses to read, now I do have
to wear those 'reader's' when i use the computer or read. Also
night driving now finds it hard to read even the big overhead
signs on the highway..will this in time correct itself or is this
a permanet thing after cataract surgery?
thank you,
Jean VanBael
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I will address your questions in order:

Dr. Rick :

1. If 3 ml costs $100 and, assuming, no volume price discounts are available then:

Dr. Rick :

one ounce = 29.58 ml and there are 8 ounces in a cup so your cost would be $986.00 per ounce which works out to $7,888.00 for a cupful.

Dr. Rick :

2. Ointment is a gooey substance that stays in place for a bit. It can blur your vision.

Dr. Rick :

3. This depends on many, many factors. Some people see very well the next day, some people take months or more. If you could tell me more about what is going in your case I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Dr. Rick :

4. It sounds like you had a successful cataract surgery and just need some minor eyeglass prescription to assist you with making some of your distance and near tasks crystal clear.

Dr. Rick :

5. It is hard to tell if this situation is going to be permanent in your case without knowing more about your case: How long ago was your surgery, were there any complications, etc...

Dr. Rick :

Whew! That is a lot of questions for $20. I hope you have found my answers helpful.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you by pressing the accept button or smiley face. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.