Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

After surgery and cataract removed and lense implanted,

Customer Question
after four days vision is...
After surgery and cataract removed and lense implanted, after four days vision is so impaired objects are indistinct, out of focus and colors are faded. Is this normal? And if so how long before a normal vision will appear?
Robert Bachman ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
4/17/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Were you seen the day after surgery?

Dr. James :

How is your vision now compared to just after surgery?

Dr. James :

Any pain?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

WORSE Vision almost no visionm And pais has decreased , as the scratching on eye has decreased

Customer:

What is your answer?

Dr. James :

Sometimes after surgery your vision can be poor

Dr. James
Sometimes after surgery, you can have swelling of your cornea. This is most prominent the first days after surgery and should steadily get better during the first week.
It appears in your situation that your vision is worsening, which is worrisome. I'd recommend you call your surgeon and have a repeat eye exam to make sure there is not an infection.
Dr. James
Dr. James