Dr-Trace
Dr-Trace, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in General Ophthalmology
66045090

Q: For Dr. Trace] As this Atropine is wearing off (stopped

Q: For Dr. Trace]
As this Atropine is wearing off (stopped Fri.), I'm noticing distance vision getting very blurry again. It seems my accommodation wants to rest at a near-point, and if I strain I can get it to relax (as if I put drops in.)
1. I'm not sure why accommodation wants to tighten, and I also have no idea what I'm doing when I strain to make it clearer.. am I forcing it to relax? ... or somehow compensating for the over accommodation?
2. Does the Atropine experiment tell us over accommodation is driving the esophoria, or is it the other way around? If atropine doesn't tell us this, is there another way to figure out the driver? Or is knowing the driver not relevant?
I know I can't just throw on -4's because then I won't be able to see up close. I have to solve the over accommodation and/or esophoria. Did the atropine give us any answers?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
still waiting. (It is never necessary to ask if I'm still waiting, because if I wasn't I would have closed the ticket.)
Thank you, ***** ***** protocol that I check with you periocidally to make sure. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  Dr-Trace replied 5 years ago.
If you were clear with atropine at distance and now you are getting blurry again as the atropine wears off, this means you are going back into accommodative spasm. You need to go back on the atropine again for a little while and then not try to see things without three pairs of glasses for a while. one for clear distance, one for midrange and one for computer. Even off the atropine, the goal is to not let your muscles spasm at all. Use your midrange and near glasses all the time after the atropine to prevent any accommodation for a while.
Also, the glasses should prevent the esophoria.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Q: For Dr. Trace]
1. Is it typical to still be dilated 4 days after accommodation returned? Or, is this an indication of the tenacity of my accommodation?

2. Are there any drops which will paralyze accommodation but leave pupil functionality in tact? Not being able to see in daylight hours was really tough. (I even tried double sunglasses).

3. I notice some sunglasses have polarization and/or a tint to make colors VERY vibrant. Are either of these features available in a contact lenses? Seems it would be an awesome thing to have.
Expert:  Dr-Trace replied 5 years ago.
1. Yes.
2. No. As ophthalmologists, we wish a drop did this.
3. No such thing as polarized contacts. Tinting is available but not for the purpose of clarity, more to see the contact easier to place it in the eye.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1. thanks, ***** ***** to which part? Are you saying it's typical for accommodation to recover 6-7 days before the pupil does?
Expert:  Dr-Trace replied 5 years ago.
to both. Some accommodation can return before dilation resolves but in patients with accommodative spasm it can be more tenacious.
Experience: Board Certified in General Ophthalmology