Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What over counter medications can I take to get over this

Customer Question
cold, ringing in the ear...
what over counter medications can I take to get over this cold, ringing in the ear, and red eye.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
4/7/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
I would use artificial tears (there are many brand names) to soothe your eyes and OTC oral medicine such a Zyrtec. Also tylenol or advil will help with any aches/pains you may have.
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
tried all those and not matter, plus i have ringing in my ears
It sounds like you have a nasty cold/flu that has turned into a sinus, middle ear and eye issue.
Most likely the underlying cause of your problems is a virus so no antibiotics are going to be helpful. The natural tears will help with your eye irritation but, I'm afraid, you have already tried all the OTC products that are going to do any good with your other issues.
I know that a visit to the doc, especially on a Saturday, can be a bit expensive, but is there a clinic or doc open this morning that you can see? Perhaps she could give you an Rx for something stronger to decrease your symptoms while your immune system works to clean things up?
there are no clinic's open in my town on the week-end. I am not going to er
I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the ER.....but, in all honesty, you have already done all that you can do with OTC therapy. Sorry about that :(
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD