Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My girlfriend was upset and crying over a personal issue so

My girlfriend was upset and crying over a personal issue so i held her, kissed her forehead, her eyelids just trying comfort her and ended up swallowing some tears. She wears contact lenses and her eyes had been itching and red all that day... So we go to see her eye Doctor the next day and find out she has conjunctivitis. She gets some eye drops an we go home, Now I have a SERIOUS cough and sore throat. Whats wrong with me and will go away? Or do i need antibiotics? Please help me... R.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I think you will be fine. Her conjunctivitis is most likely viral and, as such, no antibiotics are necessary.

Dr. Rick :

Your sore throat is just one of the small prices we pay in the name of Love. :-)

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.