Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a brain aneurysm repaired 2 yrs ago the 12th. I have

Customer Question
I had a brain aneurysm...
I had a brain aneurysm repaired 2 yrs ago the 12th. I have been experiencing small bleeds into my eye (same eye on side repaired) which my gen practitioner said was not serious after I saw him when the first one occurred. I have had 4 over the past yr. Does this require further checking?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
4/5/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Are you taking any of the following: Warfarin, aspirin, ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, naprosyn, garlic, ginseng, ginko biloba or vitamin E?
Customer:

Aspirin in Alka-Seltzer (for pain , it helps me sleep) and the rare naproxen for pain and vitamin E in my multivitamis

Doctor DanB : For the most part, no, this shouldn't require further checking as you take a produc regularly that can him thin the blood. If you weren't taking medicines that can thin the blood, I would say that it would be useful to get a blood workup to check for causes of easy bleeding. If you haven't had a complete eye exam in more than a year, then it would be a good idea to get one, but this isn't something to be overly concerned about. Does that make sense?
Customer:

Yes, thank you very much. I will schedule an eye exam as I haven't had one since I was released from the hospital. You have relieved my anxiety.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

Nope, I'll just carry on!

Doctor DanB : Okay good luck. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.