How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11414
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Under my right eye, seems like I have a vien that has been

Resolved Question:

Hi, under my right eye, seems like I have a vien that has been throbbing for about 3 weeks now. The vien is around the area of my cheek bone and eye socket. Sometimes the throbbing is more visible, but not going away.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Does it seem/feel like the area is twitching?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I look forward to your reply so that we can continue to work on your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Dr. Rick,
Sorry I missed you. It doesn't feel like twitching, rather feels like a vein with blood pumping through, like a pulse.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
No problem. If you can feel a pulse that would be an artery (the high pressure vessels that come off your heart).
It is possible that you have a normal vessel that is just close to the skin where you can feel it. I have an artery like that at the base of my thumb -- all the anatomy textbooks say that it shouldn't be there, but I guess my Mom didn't read the book when I was being maid lol!
It is also possible that you have an abnormal artery/aneurysm....
The best way to be sure everything is OK is, of course, to have a complete exam. I think I'd see an ophthalmologist first as they have the most knowledge about structures around the eyes. My bet is that everything is OK and you have nothing to worry about. But. Better safe then sorry, eh?
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you