Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have developed cataracts and allthough I have worn

I have developed cataracts and allthough I have worn varifocal glasses for over 15 years I now find I only need them for reading.The optician says this is due to changes caused by the cataracts and come back in a year. I have no problem in the day except slightly greyer vision and I can still read a number plate well in excess of the legal limit. At night the glare from other cars and lamposts have an aura about them and was wondering if night driving glasses I see advertised would be a help
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB :

It's possible that getting night driving glasses may help, depending on how significant the cataracts are. If your eye doctor told you to come back in a year for the cataracts, it's unlikely they are terribly advanced. Knowing this, then yes, these may be of some help for you.

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns about this topic that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.