Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Dr. Rick! Thank you ... you have put my mind at ease and I'm

Customer Question
Dr. Rick! Thank you...
Dr. Rick! Thank you ... you have put my mind at ease and I'm grateful. Its too bad that my retina specialist could not (will not) do the same for me. He is unapproachable as far as I am concerned. I am confident in his ability, but did not choose him due to the emergency situation of my right eye tear 2 mos ago and its a personality issue with me. He is very busy and seemingly does not have time to detail answers which leads to unsurety and confusion.
From your answer:
- I do not have to worry about loss of peripheral vision, blind spots or blurriness due to laser treatment.
- I will not worry about future retinal detachment around the area of treatment around the lattice ... even tho I have longevity in my family (mom, 100 - dad, 96), worrying gets you nowhere.
- I will continue with lattice laser treatment in my left eye but will seek out a different retina specialist. There's 5 more in Springfield and all have good reputations according to my optometrist. I'll find one who's not so "full of himself".
Thanks again
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
4/4/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

I'm sorry that your retina doc is so hard to talk to.....and I'm very glad I could be of help. I wish you the best of luck. Take care.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Take care.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD