Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have been getting headaches, dizziness, nausea and pain

Customer Question
behind my eyes for about...
I have been getting headaches, dizziness, nausea and pain behind my eyes for about two weeks. The pain is worse at night, so much so that I can't lie Dow as the pressure in my head feels like it will burst my eyes. The only way I can describe the headache is that feels like there is water in my head which causes a pressure pain if I lie down, bend over or just turn my head. My temples and around my eyes are also very achy and it feels very tense and full behind my eyes. My eyes feel like there is sponge all around the eyeball. I get eye pain when I move my eyes. I feel like I have a constant head rush. I have also been experiencing White lights and phosphenes in my vision when I move my head from side to side. I have also seen an increase in floaters in my peripheral vision. The eye complaints feel more pronounced in my right eye. I have recently been to the ophthalmologist and had an eye ultrasound and OCT, but this was before I started getting these symptoms. Should I go back or be concerned about this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
3/10/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Yes, I do think you should be concerned about this and I do think you should go back to see your ophthalmologist. This could represent angle-closure glaucoma or it could represent an inflammation in the eyes that needs to be treated by prescription medicine.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this?It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions that I can elaborate on?
Customer: thank you doctor. I'm am only able to get an appointment next week, will I be ok to wait until then or should I try and get an emergency appointment. My eyes are red and the pain isn't coming from the eye itself, it just feels around it and behind it. What sort of inflammation could it be? My main concern is the phosphenes on eye movement
Customer: sorry I meant to say my eyes are not red
Doctor DanB : I don't think this can wait until next week, unfortunately. While your eyes aren't red, you may still be having some angle-closure which could cause damage to the eyes. If the eyes aren't red, then it's unlikely there is significant inflammation in the eyes, but the flashing plights could also represent a problem with the retina which needs to be investigated as soon as possible.
Customer: What sort of problem with the retina could it be? I'm concerned it could be to with the optic nerve, is this symptom of that?
Doctor DanB : Yes, these lights could be a symptom of optic nerve inflammation or swelling, but it may also represent some traction on the retina such as a hole, break, or tear in the retina which could lead to a retinal detachment.
Customer: ok thank you doctor, I will try and get an appointment for tomorrow. I'm really worried about it. If it is any of these issues, can it be fixed without lasting vision problems?
Doctor DanB : Usually, yes it can. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer: No none at present, thank you again
Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.