Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Could my dry mouth and dry eyes have anything to do with me

Customer Question

Could my dry mouth and dry eyes have anything to do with me having MS?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. You can accept my last posting and then continue to ask me questions along the same line general train of thought without having to post a new question every time :o)

Dr. Rick :

MS can have a myriad of signs and symptoms and, to tell you the truth I am not a primary caregiver to patients with MS, so I'm not really sure if your dry mouth and eyes could be related to MS. Generally speaking, MS does not enter into my differential diagnosis thought process for dry eyes.....

Dr. Rick :

This would question would be better put to your primary care MD...sorry about that.

Dr. Rick :

Also, drinking more water, in and of itself, is not going to make your eyes less dry and will only temporarily moisten your mouth

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

JACUSTOMER-uftpqxdf- :

Does the fact that I have an immune deficiency (MS) disease mean I am more likely to have Sjogrens Syndrome?

Dr. Rick :

No. The two conditions have not been linked to the best of my knowledge.

Dr. Rick :

See. You didn't even have to post a brand new question to ask me that one lol! Now, all I ask is that you give me positive feedback and/or accept my answers to your questions if you found them to be helpful. Even after you accept we can continue to chat on the accepted thread at no additional charge.

Dr. Rick :

Does this sound good to you, eh? (I see you are in Canada ;-)

Dr. Rick :

I'm in Wisconsin.....

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.