Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My right eye hurts when I squeeze it tight and to touch it,

my right eye hurts when I squeeze it tight and to touch it, pain is really bad in the corner closest to my nose! After rubbing on it get instant pain in forehead on the same side.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

anyone there?

Dr. Rick :

Yup. I'm here.

Dr. Rick :

I see that my last message didn't go through. We seem to be having technical problems....

Customer:

getting them now!

Dr. Rick :

Were you seen by and ophthalmologist or an optometrist for your "pink eye"? How long ago was this?

Dr. Rick :

Yup...seems to be working again...

Customer:

about a week or two ago

Dr. Rick :

You may have a small scratch/ skin defect on your cornea.

Dr. Rick :

You should try some cold compresses and use artificial tears frequently during the day.

Dr. Rick :

If it is still the same tomorrow you should consider seeing an ophthalmologist....your eye should not still be hurting from pink eye at this point.

Customer:

would that cause these headaches

Dr. Rick :

Lots of things can cause headaches....eye pain included. I'd just use OTC meds for the headaches and, hopefully, when things resolve with your eyes the headaches will go away too...

Customer:

if it is something on my cornea, how long if I do the cold com. and drops till I feel relief?

Dr. Rick :

The cold compresses for 15 min on/30 off...but this can be varied as needed. The drops about every two hours but, once again, it is safe to use them more. The primary thing is that if you don't notice improvement by tomorrow, or if it gets worse, go see an ophthalmologist....you only have two eyes and it is nice to have both of 'em working...

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

yes and just to know are these symptoms similar to something more serious?

Dr. Rick :

At this point it may be related to your pink eye and may improve/resolve with this simple, at home, treatment. That being said, if it doesn't improve then it really needs to be looked at to make sure nothing else, which may require different therapy, is going on.

Customer:

one last question and thanks by the way!! Would it have anything to do with sinusis

Dr. Rick :

No.....I wouldn't expect sinus problems to give you ocular pain such as you are describing....

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else I can do for you this morning?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.