Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

MY EYES HAVE BEEN IRRITATED FOR 2 DAYS.. I STARTED TAKING

Customer Question
HI .. MY EYES HAVE...
HI .. MY EYES HAVE BEEN IRRITATED FOR 2 DAYS..
I STARTED TAKING DOXYCYCLINE FOR BURNING WHEN I PEE..
CHECK OUT THE FOTO
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
3/5/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

HI

Customer:

Doctor DanB : Are you having any of the following symptoms: burning, itching, foreign-body sensation, dryness, tearing, discharge, light-sensitivity, vision changes, or caking/mattering of your eyelashes in the morning?
Customer:

thats my left eye

Customer:

sorry right

Customer:

Customer:

some discharge

Customer:

its in the same spot on both sides

Customer:

:)

Doctor DanB : Are referring to a yellow spot just next to the colored part of the eye?
Customer:

did you see the pics doc?

Customer:

did you see the pics doc

Customer:

no the red part

Customer:

closest to nose

Customer:

both sides

Doctor DanB : Yes, I saw the pics. Is it more red than usual?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

and having some dischsrge

Customer:

very little

Doctor DanB : Do the eyes itch?
Customer:

no

Customer:

feel dry

Customer:

in the irritated part

Doctor DanB : What color is the discharge?
Customer:

and like inflamed

Customer:

i have neomycin and polymyxin b sulfitesand dexamehosone suspension

Customer:

its yellowish

Customer:

ca i use that

Customer:

can i use that?

Doctor DanB : Its possible that this is an infection given the yellowish discharge. I think that would be okay to use 4 times per day.
Customer:

i got it after starting the doxycycline

Customer:

sting when i pee

Customer:

no discharge

Customer:

called the doc

Customer:

and prescribed it

Doctor DanB : I suspect that it may be part of that infection.
Customer:

yes so do i

Customer:

will the doxycycline help?

Customer:

and the drops

Doctor DanB : I think if it gets worse while on the drop you should see an ophthalmologist. I think taking both the eye drops and doxycycline will help.
Customer:

I'm on my 2 day

Customer:

of doxy

Customer:

and just got a hold of these drops

Customer:

from my mom

Customer:

who has the,

Customer:

them

Doctor DanB : I would make sure to finish the entire course.
Customer:

you want another pic?

Customer:

could it be chlamydia

Customer:

i had sex with a girl

Customer:

that i didn't know very well

Customer:

like 3 weeks ago

Doctor DanB : No, that's okay. I think the other two are sufficient. Yes, it could be chlamydia, possibly
Customer:

i have burning

Customer:

no discharge

Customer:

and I've had chlymedia before

Customer:

and it had a discharge

Customer:

this is just sting when i pee

Customer:

and then the eyes

Customer:

maybe i touched my eyes with the other infection below

Doctor DanB : Thankfully the eyes don't look like there is a severe infection in them, but I would treat them with both the pills and drops.
Customer:

with my hand

Doctor DanB : Thats possible.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

hold let me take another pic

Customer:

give you 100$

Customer:

for this

Customer:

:)

Customer:

freaking out

Doctor DanB : Happy to see another.
Customer:

only second day of doxy

Customer:

stinging a bit less

Customer:

should it be completely gone yet?

Customer:

taling pic

Doctor DanB : Pinot necessarily by the second day.
Doctor DanB : Not necessarily
Customer:

hold

Doctor DanB : Sure.
Customer:

a second

Doctor DanB : Still there?
Customer:

Customer:

left eye

Customer:

Doctor DanB : Have you been rubbing your eyes?
Customer:

right

Customer:

eye

Customer:

no

Customer:

just put the drops

Customer:

sae spot

Customer:

same spot both eyes

Customer:

one worst than other

Customer:

and dicharge slight

Customer:

watery and yellowish

Customer:

sometimes

Customer:

feel like like they are inflamed

Customer:

same exact area

Customer:

weird

Customer:

what you think doc?

Customer:

rest of eye clear

Customer:

this related to infection

Customer:

are those drops useful

Customer:

in any case

Doctor DanB : They look like they are inflamed, but while I think there could be an infection, at least it does not appear severe. I would, though, recommend that you take both the eye drops and the pills and that will likely help it to clear up.
Customer:

are those drops good for this

Doctor DanB : Yes, they are good anti-bacterial drops.
Customer:

and why the same spot?

Customer:

both eyes

Customer:

weird right?

Customer:

you think its chlaymydia in eye

Customer:

or from the urinary pee

Customer:

burning infection?

Customer:

trying to understand

Doctor DanB : A little odd, yes, but its certainly possible it's chlamydia.
Customer:

in the eye

Customer:

?

Doctor DanB : Yes, very possible in the eye.
Customer:

so what about the burning pee and no discharge

Customer:

its discharging in the eye instead?

Customer:

Doctor DanB : I don't think you can say that it's happening in he eye instead of in the penis. Unfortunately, as I'm not a urologist I can't intelligibly comment on what you it burns when you pee but don't have any discharge.
Customer:

one last funny pic

Customer:

but more clear

Doctor DanB : That actually is kinda funny.
Customer:

:)

Customer:

lol

Customer:

yea

Customer:

you see it

Customer:

now

Customer:

i pushed it apart

Customer:

so you could see

Customer:

better

Customer:

put 2 drops each eye

Customer:

tonight

Customer:

started

Customer:

twice

Doctor DanB : Yes that would be a fine way to start.
Customer:

rest of eye clear

Customer:

nothing too horrible

Customer:

right?

Doctor DanB : I don't think it's severe, no.
Customer:

how long will it take to go away?

Doctor DanB : Hopefully within 3-5 days.
Customer:

ok

Customer:

at least i have the right drops

Customer:

correct

Customer:

?

Customer:

if its chlaymydia related

Customer:

even if its

Doctor DanB : I think they should work fine, but if it doesn't work then a visit to the ophthalmologist will be needed to try a different antibiotic.
Customer:

ok

Customer:

thanks

Doctor DanB : You bet. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.