Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a fuzzy spot in my left eye and it is near the center

Customer Question
of my iris and it...
i have a fuzzy spot in my left eye and it is near the center of my iris and it is getting difficult to read
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Could you please explain a bit more about this fuzzy spot? Do you mean to say there is a white spot on the cornea? Is there any pain or redness or watering from that eye?

Customer:

no it is like a spec of dust

Customer:

that makes thing blurred

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it more like a blurred spot in your visual field? Is it like a floater?

Customer:

no it is in the same place all the time

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you remember of any foreign body in that eye some time back?

Customer:

yes i have had a lot of eye trauma in the past

Dr. A.S. Desai :

What about pain in the eye as of now? Does it hurt while opening or closing the eye?

Customer:

if i remember correct none of them have been in the cent of my eye

Customer:

No pain in that eye at anytime

Dr. A.S. Desai :

A fuzzy spot in the centre of the cornea would otherwise have caused intense pain . But in your case the absence of pain could point towards corneal edema ( accumalation of fluid in the layers of cornea).

Customer:

can that be fixed

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Or even a faint corneal opacity from previous trauma. Yes, corneal edema can be treated medically. First the diagnosis has to be established ( as can be done by a slit lamp exam by an ophthalmologist) following which the underlying cause is detected and treatment is started.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

5% sodium chloride eye drops are used in treatment.

Customer:

not sure if this is what i have

Customer:

it is like a peice of fuzz stuck to my cornea

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you can actually see something stuck onto the cornea then it is most likely to be a foreign body. The only way to get it removed is by a hypodermic sterile needle by an ophthalmologist

Customer:

no i can't see it

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is difficult to flush out a foreign body from the corneal surface since it is very sticky. It needs to be physically removed. If there is so much doubt it makes sense to get the eye examined closely under slitlamp by an ophthalmologist.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is there anything else that I can answer for you?

Customer:

no that answer really didn't help

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. I am afraid that is the limitation of online discussion. I will opt out so that the question is open for other eye experts to answer.

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist