How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2436
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thought I had a eye lash in my eye this morning. I wasn't

Resolved Question:

Thought I had a eye lash in my eye this morning. I wasn't near a mirror and it felt like I moved it out of a very irritating spot but didn't get it out. I could still feel something and my eye kept watering so when I got a chance, I looked in the mirror for the lash. It took a lot of searching, but I finally found it and think I got it out. My eye has hurt all day though and will randomly start watering. It hurts off and on, sometimes very painful, sometimes not very. Is this a problem? Is there anything I can do to make it not hurt? Does it mean there is still something in my eye? Thanks!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

An eyelash alone would not be responsible for pain in the eye. At the most it can cause some amount of discomfort but not pain in the eye. Sine you are experiencing pain, it is likely that there could be tiny corneal abrasion too ( can be quite painful and can cause watering too). It is good that you have started putting lubriacting eye drops and can continue to do so for the next few days. In addition you can try to put lubricating eye ointment such as lacrilube at night ant patch the eye . If it is a corneal abrasion then it should heal by the next morning when you remove the patch. But in case of persistent symptoms, it would be better to get the eye examined by an ophthalmologist under slitlamp for a detailed evaluation.

Thank you and best wishes.

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you