Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My wife has wet macular degeneration she has it for 6 or 7

Customer Question

My wife has wet macular degeneration she has it for 6 or 7 years now. She has had laser treatment as well as lucentus treatment but no cataract surgery. We have heard of a telespoic eye implant and we as well as her doctor have tried to contact a firm in California for the past 2 years and have had no sucess, Can you please help her? Her name is ***** ***** and her doctor is Dr. song of eye associates in Albuquerque, new Mexico. My email address is***@******.***. Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

if you cannot chat now please let me know when you are available

Doctor DanB :

I'm sorry I wasn't in the chat room when you were. I can check back with you at approximately 7pm Pacific Standard Time, which for you in Albuquerque would be 8pm, I believe? Let's try planning on that time and we can chat more. But just in case, let me give you a little information now...

Doctor DanB :

I am trying to find you eye centers near Albuquerque that have ophthalmologists who implant this and I haven't found anyone yet. However, I do know of some world renowned eye surgeons in Eugene, Oregon who are implanting this. It is Drs. Fine, Hoffman, Packer who are implanting this telescope. Their website is http://www.finemd.com/implantable-miniature-telescope.html

Doctor DanB : Are you available now?
Doctor DanB : If not, I will check back again in a little while. I still have not been able to find another practice that implants these yet. If you have further questions about this, please let me know.
Doctor DanB : If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Doctor DanB I answered your answer and I also approved your payment. In fact you sent me an email stating that you did recive your payment.Also I was very satisfyed with your answer. I looked up the doctor on the internet and found that he indeed does eye implants. One thing though is that I have NOT had the lucintes treatment. ony the Laser one one eye only.. Thank you Please send my your phone number so that I may contact you if necessary. Louise
I'm sorry; the regulations of this website dictate that I'm not allowed to contact you off this website. even if I did put my phone number in this text it would automatically be xx'd out. However, we can continue to discuss your issue further through this means.