Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have small bumps inside my lower eyelid on my conjunctiva.

Customer Question
I have small white bumps...
I have small white bumps inside my lower eyelid on my conjunctiva. There is one in each of my eyes. I can feel the one in my right eye and it is starting to irritate like there is something in my eye. The whites of my eyes are not red and there is no discharge from my eyes
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
2/26/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : These are likely conjunctival cysts. A cyst is where the tissues of the body form a protective layer if cells (and usually fluid) around a local irritant to seal it off. In the care of conjunctival cysts the irritant can be anything from a foreign-body to an eyelash or just some inflammation in the eyelids. These are very common and aside from leading to a foreign-body sensation, they usually do not cause significant problems. They usually will resolve in their own in 1-4 weeks but have been known to take shorter or longer to tesilve in occasion. Because complete and total excision (not just draining then) is the only way to get them to resolve proactively and completely, these are usually not opened up by an eye doctor but allowed to rescue spontaneously. In the meantime, using artificial tears 3-4x/day can help with any irritation caused by these. Does that make sense?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions?
Doctor DanB : If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer:

What brand of artificial tears do you recommend?

Doctor DanB : Systane or Optive
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.