Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am having a general eye exam today will the hydrocodone

that I am on affect...
I am having a general eye exam today will the hydrocodone that I am on affect the exam?
2/20/2012
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Nope.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I noticed that you were typing in the chat room but nothing posted. Are you still there?

Customer:

will the dr be able to tell that I am on pain killers?thanks for the quick response and the humor is a very nice touch.

Dr. Rick :

You should tell him what medicines you are taking but hydrocodone in therapeutic doses will have no significant effect on your eyes or your eye exam. I reviewed your prior posts.... how's the toe?

Customer:

wow no idea that that yall could see prior posts. but I guess makes sense that you can review the patience history.

Dr. Rick :

Only level 4 experts can review prior posts. They can not be seen by others on the internet etc. Posts that customers request be closed for privacy are not available to be viewed by anyone.

Customer:

toes fine. pain killers are a linger addiction from hand surgeries that resulted in complex regional pain syndrome. which thank god is healed and gone but the pain killers haven't every day I wake up saying today will be the last day.

Dr. Rick :

That is a tough nut to crack. I wish you the best of luck with getting off them.

Customer:

thanks

Dr. Rick :

But, in any event, nothing to worry about when it comes to your eye exam.

Customer:

my first one. the whole holding your eye open is a little creepy

Dr. Rick :

Make sure you are examined by an ophthalmologist (eye MD) as they are the best trained doctor to take care of your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else I can do for you this morning?

Dr. Rick :

The chat system seems to have a bit of a time lag in it this morning......

Customer:

sure can high blood pressure be related to the pills?

Dr. Rick :

That is a very good question. I do not believe that hydrocodone by itself would cause high blood pressure. Pain, however, can cause it to go up.

Customer:

your profile says to bookmark you, so if I log in can I ask you questions personally

Dr. Rick :

Yes you can :)

Customer:

learning all kids of new stuff today.

Dr. Rick :

It still goes through the system but other eye docs save the question for me...unless I am not online for a bit.

Dr. Rick :

It's always good to learn new things ;)

Customer:

well thanks I guess thats enough for today.

Customer:

thanks for the help

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Take care.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD