Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250
Eye

I have this pain on the outside corner of my left eye, like

on the bone, it sort... Show More
on the bone, it sort feels bruised. I've been really head-achey for the past week or so and yesterday I had a sore throat. I'm just wondering if that means anything?
Category: Eye
replied 5 years ago.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : For the most part this is unlikely to mean anything significant unless it's accompanied by eye redness, light sensitivity, discharge, tearing, or decreased vision. A very likely possibility is that there is some referred pain to the eye from sinus inflammation associated with a viral illness. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense!
Customer:

Yes, it does. I have been having alot of light sensitivity recently.

Customer:

So you don't think that it's anything serious?

Doctor DanB : This is quite a common symptom of a viral upper respiratory infection. I doubt this is anything serious but I would recommend using cool compresses and artificial tears and if it continues past 48 hrs or worsens then you may consider seeing your doctor. But this is unlikely to be anything serious.
Customer:

Okay, thank-you :) also could I ask another thing. This headache that I've been having is really annoying. I don't seem to be running a temperature but it doesn't seem to be a migraine. It worsens with strong light. I've had this for about a month and it has been getting worse. Is it also nothing serious?

Doctor DanB : That's difficult to say. If its been going on for a month then it's something you should investigate with your primary care doctor.
Customer:

Yeah, I'm planning on visiting a GP later today but I just couldn't get to sleep and started worrying. Thank-you anyway :).

Doctor DanB : Youre welcome.