Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My throat will start to hurt. Like if you accidently swallow

My throat will start to hurt. Like if you accidently swallow a peanut whole and it feels like it is stuck in my throat. My just below my ears will hurt and the base of the back of my head. I have what seems to be sworm of fast tiny swimmers in my vision. I cannot wear turtle necks or shirts that might put slight pressure on my throat just below my adams apple because all of this starts then too.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The "swarm of fast, tiny swimmers" you are seeing are white blood cells as they move along inside the blood vessels of your eye.

Dr. Rick :

This is called an entoptic phenomen.

Customer:

Great. They are annoying. I notice them just when I have a pretty bad headache.

Dr. Rick :

They are nothing to worry about. It is natural to see them at times.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Good to hear. I have gone to a doctor outside of my little town and he said I have Wilsons syndrome. He said my thyroid will have some of the T3's and T4's blocked. This is when my throat will feel like a stuck peanut and can cause headaches.

Dr. Rick :

It also sounds like your headaches would qualify as a migraine....

Dr. Rick :

Well, increased copper in you blood and tissues has nothing to do with the entoptic phenomen so I'd not worry about this part of your symptoms at least :)

Customer:

Yes. Sometimes when I get them and I look at people it will look like they have a glow around them. I did not know this was a migraine because I thought migraines would knock you for a loop and you couldn't function at all.

Dr. Rick :

They are different for every person.

Customer:

So I have found out. Glad mine are not bad all the time. Most of the time I can tolerate them and still go to work.

Customer:

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a nice day.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

You too.