Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I belive I have a floater in my right eye. When I cover my

Customer Question
lft I , all I...
I belive I have a floater in my right eye. When I cover my lft I , all I see is a dark cloud and partial vison in my right eye. What do I need to do to correct this situation. I have no pain, it's agravating that I cannot see from my right eye like I use too. I am 60 years young.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
1/22/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If you are only seeing a dark cloud with partial vision in your right eye you are suffering from more then a floater.

Dr. Rick :

how long has this change in vision been going on?

Customer:

one week

Dr. Rick :

If you cover your left eye and, using only your right eye, what can you see if you look around your room?

Customer:

I CAN SEE TO THE RIGHT OF THE EYE

Dr. Rick :

So the left part of your vision is missing.....is it as if someone has pulled a curtain across your visual field? I'd also like you to repeat the above test with your left eye only and tell me how things look to you.

Customer:

YES, MY LEFT EYE IS FINE

Dr. Rick :

ok.

Dr. Rick :

You might be suffering from a retinal detachment. You symptoms could be caused by other issues but, in any event, you need to be examined by an ophthalmologist ASAP.

Dr. Rick :

Some emergency rooms have ophthalmologists on call who can come in an examine you. If your local ER is like this then you should go in right away.

Customer:

I AM MAKING AN APPOINMENT ON MONDAY

Dr. Rick :

I know that it has already been a week since your symptoms started but it would be best if you could be seen before Monday. If Monday is the only option then try to make it early Monday morning and do not eat or drink before being seen other then a little bit of water when you take your normal daily medicines.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

YES-MONDAY IS MY ONLY OPTION

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

If you have a chance, drop me a note on this thread and let me know what the ophthalmologist finds on Monday morning......

Customer:

MY SYMTOMS HAVE NOT GOTTEN WORSE AND A TIMES I CAN SEE BETTER ON MY RIGHT EYE

Dr. Rick :

That is possible with a retinal detachment......In any event your symptoms are serious enough to warrant a complete eye exam by an eye surgeon.

Customer:

WILL DO

Customer:

THANK YOU

Dr. Rick :

My Pleasure.

Best of luck. Have a good evening and let me know if I can do anything else to help you.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, I had a detacted retina. I had two operations, retina is
attached, will be getting new glasses next.
Thanks for your help.
Carlos
Hey,
It's great to hear from you....
I'm glad that we were able to chat and that you got your retina repaired...I'm just sorry to hear that it took two surgeries to get it to stick down tight.
I hope you have good vision with the new glasses. Take care and have a great day!
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD