Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Why does the eye turn after going blind?

Customer Question
Why does the eye turn...
Why does the eye turn white after going blind?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
Expert: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is a very good question.

Dr. Rick :

There are a number of reasons that an eye can become white when it is blind. The most common would be a mature cataract. Also, a total retina detachment can cause the eye to be white as can corneal decompensation.

Dr. Rick :

Blind eyes also tend not to point straight ahead anymore either.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are currently offline. We can switch to the Q&A system and continue to work on your question there. An email will be sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. See you there :o)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

• Get a Professional AnswerVia email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.