How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you treat a burnt eye from the chemical Fabreeze

This answer was rated:

How do you treat a 'burnt' eye from the chemical 'Fabreeze'?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB :

You are already doing everything that I would recommend that you are able to: XXXXX XXXXX water, applying artificial tears, except that I would recommend using cool compresses instead of tea bags as this will help the inflammation improve more quickly than using heat. If this is no better by 48 hours, then I would recommend seeing your ophthalmologist as you may need a steroid preparation in the eye to help the inflammation improve more quickly.

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this topic that I haven't addressed?


I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.


Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied.


Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!


My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.


Thank you for the reply and advice. It is appreciated, especially since the site initially responded that I wasn't allowed to access your answer, even though I had already paid through PayPal.


Confused, but thankful,



Dr. Dan B. and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you