Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I put Orajel in 1 eye instead of my eye ointment. What can I…

Customer Question
I put Orajel in 1...
I put Orajel in 1 eye instead of my eye ointment. What can I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
1/8/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. For the most part, what you've done is really the correct thing to do. It is unlikely that this is going to harm the eye; only make the eye numb for a time. But if despite irrigating the eye you are having symptoms of discomfort, then I would recommend using some artificial tears and cool compresses.

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this topic that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.