Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a underneath my eyelid for about 10 years,i would…

Customer Question
i have had a ward...
i have had a ward underneath my eyelid for about 10 years,i would like to get it removed would i go to a dermatologist or an eye dr?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
1/4/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Susan :

Depends on the size and the location. If it is on the eyelid margin (where the lashes are) an ophthalmologist should do it. If it does not involve the lashes a plastic surgeon or dermatologist is fine.

Customer:

an eye surgeon. or an ophthamologist that does eye exams?

Dr. Susan :

ophthalmologist are all eye surgeons. If you can see an oculoplastic surgeon- that is even better!

Dr. Susan :

They are ophthalmologists whom trained for 2 additional years in plastic surgery

Customer:

i did not know that all ophthalmologist are eye surgeons. thank you for the information

Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist