How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Susan Your Own Question
Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 218
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Susan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a underneath my eyelid for about 10 years,i would

Resolved Question:

i have had a ward underneath my eyelid for about 10 years,i would like to get it removed would i go to a dermatologist or an eye dr?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Susan :

Depends on the size and the location. If it is on the eyelid margin (where the lashes are) an ophthalmologist should do it. If it does not involve the lashes a plastic surgeon or dermatologist is fine.


an eye surgeon. or an ophthamologist that does eye exams?

Dr. Susan :

ophthalmologist are all eye surgeons. If you can see an oculoplastic surgeon- that is even better!

Dr. Susan :

They are ophthalmologists whom trained for 2 additional years in plastic surgery


i did not know that all ophthalmologist are eye surgeons. thank you for the information

Dr. Susan and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you