Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Most of the information you gave,I knew.One of my concrete

Customer Question
Most of the information you...
Most of the information you gave,I knew.One of my concrete qustion was if you can tell me or know if other patients have had the same problems after laser-treatments as I have.I am afraid to go back for further treatments if they can cause more floaters.How can I get in touch with people who knows or have had the same treatment?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
1/4/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer

You are right about your apprehension about further YAG sessions for vitreolysis as it may not be the correct treatment to pursue. More than YAG laser being responsible for more floaters directly, it is just that it is not good enough for the treatment of floaters in your case. As explained earlier vitrectomy should only be considered once its benefits and risks are understood well. I am afraid that in order to contact people who have had similar experience , this site may not be helpful. But I would defintely agree with you you that further YAG laser treatment will not be very beneficial to you.
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist