Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I once had a blood blister develop on the back side of my

I once had a blood blister develop on the back side of my eye causing a dark spot in my field of vision, which took weeks to go away but did on it's own accord. I now have a spot in my vision that looks like I have just had a picture taken of me with a strong flash, but the flash spot is not going away. I am just getting over a horrible cold that had extreme sinus pressure. I've had the spot in my vision for about 36 or so hours. I cannot remember if this is what the blister was like initially. Not sure what to do. The eye is a little sensitive, but wearing contacts do not bother it. I also have HSV and am worried of the possibility of it being a flare in my, which has never happened before.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Have you ever had herpes of the eye?

Customer:

not that i know of

Dr. Rick :

Also, when you close your unaffected eye, can you read with the affected one?

Dr. Rick :

How does your eye look in the mirror?

Customer:

yes, but with a dark spot. Initially the spot is sensitive to light, then it goes to a light brown color.

Customer:

it looks pretty normal in the mirror

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well, there are many things that can cause central vision loss like you are experiencing. Since it has lasted so long I am concerned.

Dr. Rick :

I think you should try to get in to see an ophthalmologist today for a complete eye exam.

Customer:

I have to work, and am weary for asking for time off due to having just missed work for being sick.

Dr. Rick :

I could go through a long differential diagnosis list but that really won't help. It should be checked out sooner rather then later -- even if it means taking half a day off without pay. Things that can cause your visual problems are best treated sooner rather then later. Delaying might only make things worse :(

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Best of luck to you.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
If you have a chance, drop me a note and let me know how things turn out.