Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday in literally a matter of minutes my right eyelid…

Yesterday in literally a matter...
Yesterday in literally a matter of minutes my right eyelid swelled up. Out of the blue for no apparent reason. The swelling has gotten worse overnight. The eyelid now pretty much covers the top half of my eye. There is no redness on my eye itself or eyelid and no kind of discharge. My left eye is completely normal. Do I need to see a doctor right away? I wanna make sure this won't cause permanent damage to my eye.
1/3/2012
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How is your vision in that eye when you hold the lid out of the way? Does it hurt to move or touch your eyeball?

Dr. Rick :

Also, does the eyeball look normal in the mirror?

Customer:

No pain and I can see fine with the eyelid out of the way.

Customer:

It looks normal to me.

Customer:

Actually... It's a little blurry.

Customer:

When I cover my left eye and just use my right it's blurry.

Customer:

Just a little.

Customer:

I can still read and see and stuff.

Customer:

Just kinda hazy.

Dr. Rick :

ok

Dr. Rick :

It is probably not something that is going to cause permanent damage to your eye but, since it has swollen so much in such a short period of time I think you should see an ophthalmologist today.

Dr. Rick :

Taking oral steroids, on the off chance that this is due to an infection, will make things worse :(

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Absolutely. I guess I never thought of that.

Dr. Rick :

Ok Best of luck to you.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Rick :

my pleasure.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD