Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My son has a stye, warm compresses are not helping. What…

Customer Question
My son has a stye...
My son has a stye, warm compresses are not helping. What else can we do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
1/3/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Warm compresses are the best treatment for a stye. If this is not working then the stye can be incised and drained in an ophthalmologists office.

Dr. Rick :

This is a fairly simple procedure where, after numbing the area, a small incision is made and the "gunk" ( a fancy medical term :) is scooped out of the stye. This takes care of the problem in almost 100% of cases.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

There really is nothing else for you to do at home to treat a stye. The ointments, diets, tea bags etc all really don't work.....

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Are there any other

Dr. Rick :

Good morning. Welcome to chat. Your post was cut off. Could you please re-type it?

Dr. Rick :

Are you there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess that you have stepped away from your computer. We can switch to the Q&A system and continue to work on your question there. An email will be sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. See you there :o)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.