Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am having pressure behind my left eye. It is causing

Customer Question
I am having pressure behind...
I am having pressure behind my left eye. It is causing blurry vision. I am also experiencing pain that is moving down to my jaw.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
1/2/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Susan : I can help you with your question
Dr. Susan : How old are you?
Customer:

30 years old

Dr. Susan : Are you healthy? Have you had any other symptoms such as tenderness around the eyes? Headaches? Fever?
Dr. Susan : And for how long have you had your symptoms?
Customer:

I am healthy, no illness or diseases. I have only had a couple of headaches in my life. No fever, I checked earlier around lunch time. I have had the pressure for 4 days now. The pain, into my next just this morning.

Dr. Susan : From the information that you have given me I am inclined to think your symptoms are related to your sinuses. However, a simple sinusitis should not change your vision unless it is very severe.
Dr. Susan : Another possibility is a tension type migraine. You are not a migraine sufferer but if you have been under more stress than usual, it could be the cuprit!
Customer:

No stress.

Dr. Susan : The Change in vision is worrisome though- see your ophthalmologist to make sure it is not ocular in nature. Then I recommend seeing your primary care physician
Dr. Susan : Have you had perfect vision in the past? Any ocular conditions?
Customer:

I have worn glasses since childhood.

Customer:

No ocular conditions.

Dr. Susan : How blurry are you? Tearing? Discharge?
Customer:

The blurriness, is as though my eye glasses are not on, even though they are, so very blurry. No tears, no discharge. The only relief I can give my eye is to close it.

Dr. Susan : How strong are your glasses? Are you very near sighted? Do you see anything floating around? A veil?
Customer:

Medium -4.00 -0.50 15 and -7.00. No floaters, no veil. I feel pressure building up, then the pain, and the loss of vision.

Dr. Susan : I would really like for you too your ophthal
Customer:

Yes, thank you. I was trying to make an appointment.

Dr. Susan : I would really like you to see your ophthalmologist. You are moderately near sighted in one eye and high in the other -7.00. For you to feel your vision is like not wearing glasses could be a serious problem like a retinal detachment. Painless loss of vision in young healthy near sighted woman makes me worried about a retinal detachment.
Dr. Susan : I hope that is not the case but the sooner you see your doc, the better!
Customer:

Yes, thank you.

Dr. Susan : Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else!
Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist