Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

This morning I woke up feeling as if I had "something" in my

eye; it's been bothering me...
This morning I woke up feeling as if I had "something" in my eye; it's been bothering me all day. Now the vision in that eye is very foggy. I am a 67 year old female, have had cataract surgery and do not wear corrective lenses except sometimes when I read (depends on the size of the type). I have had a retinal tear which was repaired by laser at a university hospital. Today and tomorrow are holidays; however, I'm wondering if I should contact the physician on call at my ophthalmologist's office.
1/2/2012
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, I absolutely feel you should contact the ophthalmologist on-call. You are at significant risk for a retinal detachment and your symptoms sound possibly consistent with it.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer:

Thank you very much. My gut feeling was that I should contact my eye doctor, but of course one hates to do that on a holiday. I will do that right now.. You've been very helpful.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Good luck.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.