Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Our 2yr old daughter sprayed some "Bright Green" Safeway

Hi, our 2yr old daughter...
Hi, our 2yr old daughter sprayed some "Bright Green" Safeway brand bathroom cleaner in her face and we think some got in her eye. Here is the ingredient list of this product: Lactic Acid (Derived from Milk Sugars), Nonionic Surfactant (Naturally Derived), Natural Citrus Oil.
We flushed her eyes for 15 minutes per the directions on the bottle. She seems to be okay now, and there is no redness in her eyes. We checked her vision and she seems to be okay. Is there anything else we should be doing or watching for?
Thanks,
Dave
12/18/2011
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

Hi, our 2yr old daughter sprayed some "Bright Green" Safeway brand bathroom cleaner in her face and we think some got in her eye. Here is the ingredient list of this product: Lactic Acid (Derived from Milk Sugars), Nonionic Surfactant (Naturally Derived), Natural Citrus Oil. We flushed her eyes for 15 minutes per the directions on the bottle. She seems to be okay now, and there is no redness in her eyes. We checked her vision and she seems to be okay. Is there anything else we should be doing or watching for? Thanks, Dave

Dr. Rick :

hi

Dr. Rick :

You have already done the most important thing by rinsing out her eye. Based on the ingredient list she should be fine. I don't think it will hurt her eye at all.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Okay. Thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if you would like to discuss this issue further. Have a happy holiday season.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD